Monday, March 17, 2008

mad monday...

well today was an unusual day it all started when i needed to wash my uniform for tonight's Tupperware meeting......
I went out to hang some washing on the line around 10-10.30am and i could hear an alarm (smoke alarm) and it was a little quiet so i didn't think to much of it and i finished hanging out my washing. Then i went inside but by then i was worried about where the alarm was coming from. So i got dressed because i was still in my PJ's and grabbed the phone to ring the Kirwan fire station to tell them there was an alarm going off but i didn't know what house it was at but as I'm walking out the back door i spotted smoke coming out of the back window of my next door neighbours house and then it all started....
I hung up from being on hold from 12455 and dialed 000 at this stage i think i just telaported over to next door as it went by like a flash. Smoke was also coming out the front windows and i tried all the doors and garage banging on all the windows because i didn't know if anyone was inside or not and they have little kids so i was stressed out of my brain, I would have looked like a mad woman...
Well to cut this story short, the house is fine, no one was home, no one got hurt, the smoke was worse than the problem but much longer it could have been 100 times worst so the fireman told me... no fire damage just the house smells REALLY bad and will for a while.
It was something left on the stove that was forgotten to be turned off...
whoops...
So all in all I'm soooooooooooo glad i was home and went to hang my washing out on the line and so is my neighbours
The worst feeling that iv ever had was having the lady that lived there collapse in my arms...
sooooo not the best feeling...
~So big pats on my back~
here is a link to the news paper write up

No comments:

counting down

grub
clone